Mathematics in the Making
The project MiMa – Mathematics in the Making aimed to help primary school students to develop a stronger interest and competence in mathematics, also enhancing their social and civic skills, and so contributing to an increase in students' chances of success both in school and in life. MiMa partners developed several hands-on activities, fully described in a Toolkit with additional materials online, translated into all the languages of all the partners. Teachers received training on how to use the chosen activities in their classrooms and students organized an exhibition with the results of their explorations.
The project ended in 2015. This website offers all the MiMa activities including the additional materials for free use in classrooms around the world. The MiMa youtube channel offers supplementary videos guiding through the activities.
- EN MiMa The ToolkitPDF, 12 MB
- EN MiMa The ProjectPDF, 7 MB
- DE_MiMa_Das_Handbuch.pdfPDF, 12 MB
- DE MiMa Das ProjektPDF, 8 MB
- HU MiMa Modszertani KezikonyvPDF, 13 MB
- HU MiMa A ProjektPDF, 3 MB
- IT MiMa Il ToolkitPDF, 12 MB
- IT MiMa Il ProgettoPDF, 7 MB
- PT MiMa Manual de AtividadesPDF, 12 MB
- PT MiMa O ProjetoPDF, 8 MB
Templates and support materials
- A_Mathematical_Football.zipZIP, 8 MB
- Experiments_with_Dice.zipZIP, 487 KB
- Exploring_Cuboids.zipZIP, 156 KB
- Frieze_Patterns.zipZIP, 1 MB
- Logic_Mazes.zipZIP, 62 KB
- Making_A_Maths_Trail.zipZIP, 145 KB
- Many_colourful_triangles.zipZIP, 650 KB
- Mathematics_of_the_beehive.zipZIP, 2 MB
- Sundials.zipZIP, 321 KB
With the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union Project n. 539872 - LLP - 1 - 2013 - 1 -IT COMENIUS - CMP Agreement n. 2013 - 3073/001 - 001.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Copyright: All MiMa materials are in the public domain. See Toolkit for licence details. Images on this website are copyright Rolf K. Wegst and MiMa partners